The magnificent island of Zanzibar is a perfect representation of the Indian Ocean. This island exudes appeal in every aspect, from its picture-perfect beaches and quirky boutique hotels to its kind and welcoming residents and the vibrant activity of Stone Town. There is something available for everyone and every style of traveler, from luxurious beach shacks to private islands just off the shore. Therefore, spending a week in Zanzibar will provide you with everything you could possible desire, from beaches with powdered white sand that stretch into beautiful blue waters to historical villages, vibrant markets, rich Swahili coastal culture, and an ambiance that defies description.
- Airport transfers
- Park fees/charges
- Pick and drop services
- Drinking water during the safari/tour
- Outdoor activities (as per the itenerary)
- Accommodation (as per the itenerary)
- A professional driver/guide
- Transportation; 4*4 Jeep, Van, or by air (as per the itenerary)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals; full board or half-board (as per the itenerary)
- Any other inclusion as indicated in the itenerary
- Insurance (where applicable)
- International flights charges and fares
- Tips and gifts to service providers
- Any personal item that you may need during the tour
- Additional government imposed taxes and/or park fees
- Drinks and meals outside the tour package
- Visa charges
- Additional accommodation (as you may choose)
- Any other charges that may arise in due time
At the time of your arrival at Zanzibar International Airport, you will be greeted by your tour guide and transferred to the hotel of your choice. Enjoy the day at leisure while getting used to the time zone and environment of the island.
Following breakfast, your tour guide will lead you on a journey through Stone Town, which is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take a trip to the Palace Museum, the House of Wonders, the Arab Fort, and the other bustling bazaars in the area. In addition to that, you will have the opportunity to sample some of the amazing street food that the island has to offer.
You will travel on a spice tour after breakfast, during which you will visit a spice farm and learn about the many spices that are farmed on the island as well as the history behind them. Following lunch, make your way to the Jozani Forest for a nature walk, during which you may see red colobus monkeys and other forms of wildlife.
Wake up bright and early to go on a boat ride to Kizimkazi in the morning, where you will have the opportunity to swim with wild dolphins. After that, have lunch while sitting on the beach before making your way back to the hotel.
Enjoy a day of rest and relaxation at the beach, swimming in the emerald waters of the Indian Ocean, soaking up some rays, and dining on some of the delectable regional specialties.
After breakfast, make your way to Prison Island, also known as Changuu Island, where you will be able to observe gigantic tortoises and explore the ruins of a prison that was formerly located there. Take a boat out to Nakupenda Beach in the afternoon. This is a private beach where you can rest on the white sand and swim in the water that is incredibly pure.
Your stay in Zanzibar comes to an end today. After breakfast, you will be driven to the airport in time for your flight out.