5-Days Rwanda’s Akagera National Park and Volcanoes National Park Ultimate Group Safari
Rwanda is popular for its gorilla trekking adventure safaris. Tour operators have many packages for great group tours. Here are some of these packages.
With this package, your group will visit 2 top destinations in Rwanda. These are the Akagera National Park and Volcanoes National Park. Let’s look at the itinerary.
- Airport transfers
- Park fees/charges
- Pick and drop services
- Drinking water during the safari/tour
- Outdoor activities (as per the itinerary)
- Accommodation (as per the itinerary)
- A professional driver/guide
- Transportation; 4*4 Jeep, Van, or by air (as per the itinerary)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals; full board or half-board (as per the itinerary)
- Any other inclusion as indicated in the itinerary
- Insurance (where applicable)
- International flights charges and fares
- Tips and gifts to service providers
- Any personal item that you may need during the tour
- Additional government imposed taxes and/or park fees
- Drinks and meals outside the tour package
- Visa charges
- Additional accommodation (as you may choose)
- Any other charges that may arise in due time
Upon arrival at the airport, and pick up by our driver, you will then be transferred from the airport or your hotel. You enjoy a short drive, about 2.5 hours, to Akagera National Park. After lunch, you go for a game drive. You will see animals such as elephants, lions, giraffes, and rhinos among others. After game viewing, you head to your camp.
This will be your second day. You wake up early for a morning game drive in the park. You will enjoy searching for the animals you missed on day 1. This may take about 3 hours. You head to your camp for lunch. Then, you enjoy boat rides on Lake Ihema. This is a great chance to see hippos, crocodiles, and water birds.
You wake up early for a long day. After breakfast, you leave Akagera for Volcanoes National Park. Along the way, you enjoy a boat ride or guided nature walk at the Twin Lakes of Ruhondo and Burera. Then, you proceed to the national park. Upon arrival, you head to your camp where you spend the night.
You enjoy gorilla trekking in Volcanoes. It is one of the most rewarding safari experiences. The guided safari will take about 3 to 7 hours. But you will have an hour to observe the rare animals. Then, you will head back to your camp for lunch and a relaxing afternoon.
You have a morning golden monkey trekking tour. These endangered animals are fun to watch. You also go for a cultural tour of the village. You will enjoy cultural songs and dances. Later, you drive back to Kigali for lunch. This will mark the end of your group safari to Rwanda.