Three days Nyungwe Forest National Park safari is one of the leading Rwanda Safari Wildlife packages a tourist can encounter when probing Rwanda’s largest rainforest, a journey that prefers chimpanzee fans who are within the country for a short while. So, take off 3 days from your program to get lost in the spectacular Nyungwe forest with the fantastic views and sounds of a rain forest. Nyungwe forest holds more primates and interests, you can see.
Things to see for 3 days Nyungwe Forest National Park Safari
Road trip from Kigali to Nyungwe forest
King’s palace stops
- Airport transfers
- Park fees/charges
- Pick and drop services
- Drinking water during the safari/tour
- Outdoor activities (as per the itinerary)
- Accommodation (as per the itinerary)
- A professional driver/guide
- Transportation; 4*4 Jeep, Van, or by air (as per the itinerary)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals; full board or half-board (as per the itinerary)
- Any other inclusion as indicated in the itinerary
- Insurance (where applicable)
- International flights charges and fares
- Tips and gifts to service providers
- Any personal item that you may need during the tour
- Additional government imposed taxes and/or park fees
- Drinks and meals outside the tour package
- Visa charges
- Additional accommodation (as you may choose)
- Any other charges that may arise in due time
Road trip to Nyungwe forest national park:
- Get prepared to be met by our driver attendant by 8 am to obtain a briefing on the expectations for the following 3 days' stay.
- Begin on an unforgettable drive in a pop-up roof four-wheel track south of Rwanda first stop at the Butare museum and a King's palace stop to witness the renowned long-horned cow.
- Take lunch, proceed to the park, and check in at your resort.
Lodging choices include the exquisite Nyungwe house for the extra feeling, the Nyungwe top hill view, and the Gisakura visitor camp for the budget.
Chimpanzee Hike: Gisakura is the briefing point; therefore, as early as 5 am, be ready and out of your hotel in time for the briefing, a lengthy and tiring but deserving walk. In the forest, you will take approximately 4-5 hours exploring these active creatures whose sounds you will listen to from the entrance to the park exit. Then, to take a breath, you will return to your resort for a bite and refreshments.
Afternoon Canopy Strolls: Following the lunch break, in the company of the attendant, you will return to the park for the afternoon's fascinating strolls in the Nyungwe Forest, a 200m long bridge balanced 9m elevated to present you a forest panorama from above. Here you will relish the natural tropical rainforest's spectacular sounds, views, and fresh air from the birds' stance. Then, proceed back to your resort punctually for dinner.
Return drive to Kigali: You will take a mouth-watering breakfast at your resort and transfer back to Kigali, roughly a 5 - 6-hour drive from Nyungwe to Kigali. You can stop over shortly to witness the museums and the King's palace en route. Along the way, you will take lunch as the drive is a bit long; you will reach Kigali at sunset for transfer at the airport or your preferred drop-off spot.